Thursday, January 31, 2008

I've been tagged...

So now that two folks have tagged me, I guess I'll go. Seven things about me, hmmmm.....

1. I secretly desire to complete a triathlon. My athletic husband has worn me down to actually considering this. The swimming part I think I could do in my sleep, but the other two...I hate to run and I don't have a bike. So I'll just keep dreaming about it but not start the training.

2. I used to vomit a little in my mouth at the sound of clipping nails. It didn't matter who it was...if I heard you I hated you for a minute. Now it doesn't bother me at all. Isn't that weird? A sound that utterly repulsed me doesn't even make me wince anymore.

3. I love to cook. More than that I love to collect recipes. I have a TON of cookbooks and I've even made my own by cutting out/copying recipes down. I have more recipes than I have days in one lifetime. You need a recipe for anything...Tomato and Dill Sandwiches with Smoked Salmon-Caper Spread or how about Mocha Mousse Demitasse...I'm your girl.

4. I love to grab my dog's tongue when he sticks it out just to mess with him. It's freakishly long and stretches a good bit. He loves it. I truly entertain myself this way.

5. I LOVE America's Next Top Model. Tyra should really consider having me as a guest judge on the next cycle. I've watched each season and after a couple of challenges and photo shoots, I can tell you who's going home and who's staying for drama and who's going to win. "The next name that I'm going to call is....."

6. I am a project girl. Not like Jenny from the Bronx, more like the Martha Stewart kind. I have a new passion for crafty stuff. I like to make things...random things...and I love shopping at Michael's. I'm even turing half of my closet into a craft station!

7. I've always loved to dance, everyone knows that. But when I was younger and trying to think about God-given talents and spiritual gifts, I actually thought that I was supposed to be a back up dancer for Carmen. (You know you liked Carmen in the 80's.) I was convinced that that was my ticket to dancing for the Lord. Now that I know a little more about spiritual gifts I can definitely say dancing with Carmen is not one of them. At least not one of mine.

I tag Brittany!

3 comments:

The Kosko Family said...

i loved reading your facts....i will always remember you dancing in the dorm....so fun...you used to dance to "pretty fly for a white guy"....i love it....the whole fact that you wanted to dace with carmen is priceless....

i love antm, too...john hates that i watch it, but i can't stop.....it is so good....although tyra kinda drives me bananas....

Brittany said...

LOSER! I can't believe you tagged me! Oh okay, but wait-is it just 7 things about myself? I'm not quite sure if I know what to do here (do they have to be fairly unknown things? Am I making this too difficult, I am aren't I?)
you are too funny. I loved reading this.
Okay recipe woman-I need a recipe for the Valentine's Dinner our kids are doing:
Dessert, easy (ish), ready in 4 hours, goes well after lasagna, lots of steps to make it interesting, and decoration creativity possibilities
hard to be creative isn't it? AHH.
Miss you.

The Hugheys said...

Holy Cow, Shea! Hilarious!