Friday, September 28, 2007

The final part of my series Patriotism, Politics, and Poop

And the final "P" in my 3 part series...poop. I know that most of you have just been scrolling
down past the previous two posts just looking for an Abram update. So here it is. He is still doing great. Don't know his current weight, but I'll tell you this...it's not going down. His cheeks are at least twice as big as they were last week...very fun for squeezing. And with all this weight he's gaining, he has to be setting new records for diapers used in one day. I think Shea is talking to him while I'm off at work and telling him how I'm cheap. So now I am pretty sure he is intentionally waiting until I've just put a new diaper on him and then immediately filling it up. But regardless, Shea and I absolutely love him!
In an ideal world, a baby would poop when its diaper was securely fastened about its bottom. But not my baby. He likes to go right in the middle of changing time, when his diaper is off and the world is his to explode upon. ~Stephen Altrogge Abram in mid diaper change

And everything is all better





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daniel, I confess I didn't follow the train of thought linking patriotism, politics, and poop...but it made me laugh! Keep on blogging...it's a great exercise in writing (you know, for those accountant-types)...I should take it up sometime, someday when I get the time! Abram is a sweetheart and I am so happy for you guys to experience the joys of parenthood, including poops mid-diaper change. Look forward to meeting him someday!
Blessings,
Kim Borkert

PS. Liked the bit on patriotism...Hooah! ARMY STRONG.

Aaron said...

Hey D,

Having recently experienced what you are speaking of, I too must admit I had the same thoughts - waiting until the new diaper is on before using it immediately so I could change it again and use another diaper. I think I figured what each diaper cost individually and basically said, "There goes another however much it was". I too am cheap. Brit always thought it was funny. But no way am I going to cloth diapers. I'm not that cheap.
Nice blogs; nice listening music.

Glad to see the green and not those horrific Rebel colors. Cute little man! - not you; Abram!

Anonymous said...

I love it, D..... and I DO get the connection of the three "P" !

And again, he is beautiful !

AP

Thomas/Mollie said...

He's soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hugheys said...

Oh my goodness... that is a beautiful sleeping picture of Abram! How perfect!

Just go ahead and get used to the diapers... You have no control at all over them :)

Scott W said...

Congratulations! What a cutie. Welcome to the world of parenting. It seems like forever since we've had one that little. We hope you're enjoying him, life, and the little bits of sleep you're getting.

Like your 3P post. I still have great respect for the stuff MCPP is doing. It was great to work alongside Forest Thigpen for 3 years.

By the way, the Williams family just joined the blogging world, too. Check us out at bohemian.typepad.com/williamsfamilylife. I think you'll enjoy FamilyLife's new Culture Watch blog, too, based on your recent posts.

Again, congratulations. We'll be visiting your blog to keep in touch

Brittany said...

I had to tell you that we go on your blog sometimes just to listen to your music while we are doing 'online stuff'
lol. thanks Daniel.